With an adventure tour, you’ll enjoy the thrill of hands-on exploration and physical exertion, while benefiting from the expertise of a skilled guide who is intimately familiar with the Black Hills of South Dakota. With its thick pine forests, meandering mountainside trails, and pristine water reservoirs, the Black Hills truly are a veritable playground for the enterprising traveler. Below are just a few of the adventure tour packages available:
- Operating out of Rapid City, Black Hills Adventure Tours is a company specializing in custom tours for those seeking the full experience of the Black Hills and Badlands. The guides at Black Hills Adventure Tours pride themselves on offering a personal touch, picking up sightseers from local hotels and campgrounds. Available adventure tours include buffalo-viewing Jeep rides through Custer State Park, biking and hiking the scenic trails, and kayaking some of western South Dakota’s most majestic lakes. Call 1-605-209-7817 to book your tour.
- For those seeking the ultimate thrill, the Great Black Hills 8 Day Adventure delivers. This extreme adventure tour offers sightseers 8 days and 7 nights of hands-on discovery. The courteous, knowledgeable guides will point out wildlife sightings, Indian reservations, museum exhibits, and awe-inspiring natural wonders. Exhilarating activities include rock climbing, hot-air balloon rides, rugged mountain biking trails, kayak outings on Sylvan Lake, Jeep tours through Custer State Park, and more.
- Affordable Adventures provides a budget-friendly package for visitors seeking comprehensive tours of the Black Hills area. Experienced guides escort you to such popular attractions as Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park, Badlands National Park, and the cities of Deadwood, Spearfish, Lead, and Rapid City. Call 1-866-601-5103 for more information.
- Designed for a family of four, the Southern Black Hills Trails to Adventure package delights trail lovers by exploring a network of scenic trails through the Black Hills region of South Dakota. You’ll view wildlife at Custer State Park, discover naturally formed caves at Wind Cave National Park, and hike the nationally renowned 115-mile Mickelson Trail.
- With the Black Hills Bones & Stones Paleontology Package, you’ll visit several areas throughout western South Dakota to view fossilized remains, rare minerals, mammoth digs, and awe-inspiring rock formations that attest to the region’s rich history and geology.
- For a unique expedition that commemorates the region’s rich history, consider the Black Hills Treasure Hunt. Tourists are provided with General Custer’s legendary book of secret clues to help them seek the gold he is rumored to have stashed in the Black Hills while exploring the area in 1874. The tour price includes lodging, the adventure tour and treasure hunt, and admission to several local attractions.