Chief White Crane Recreation Area
Chief White Crane Recreation Area is located 5 miles from Yankton. It is in close proximity to the Missouri River and Gavins Point Damn. The park was named after Chief White Crane who met with Lewis and Clark in the area in 1804.
Park Schedule & Rates
- Open year-round (vehicle traffic prohibited in winter months due to bald eagle nesting)
- Camping: 146 sites (144 electrical, 37 prime).
- Cabins: Ten cabins. Sleeps four.
- Showers. Water. Dump station.
- Contact park for current rates and availability.
Park Contact Information
- Located 5 miles W of Yankton off Hwy 52
- 605-668-2985 or 800-710-2267