Rocky Point Recreation Area
The Rocky Point Recreation Area was created in 2006 and is the newest state park in South Dakota. It is part of the 8,000 acre Belle Fourche Resevoir that was created in the early 1900’s when the Orman Dam was established to help store water for agricultural use. This area is a very popular fishing location including walleye, catfish, crappie and bass. The recreation area offers 61 camping locations.
Park Schedule & Rates
- Open year-round, day use only
- Showers. Water. Dump station.
- Contact park for current rates and availability.
Park Contact Information
- Located 8 miles E of Belle Fourche off SD 212
- 605-584-3896 or 800-710-2267