Top 5 Restaurants in Rapid City
For many of us, food is one of the most important — if not the most important — aspects of traveling. But it’s always hard to figure out where to eat when you’re visiting somewhere you’re not familiar with.
So, below is my humble opinion of the top five best restaurants in Rapid City. I’ve kept the picks to locally owned eateries.
Also, if you’ve eaten somewhere you loved, hit me up in the comments section.
5. Minerva’s — So, I said locally owned, but technically, Minerva’s in a chain, albeit a regional one. Minerva’s is always a solid choice if want a little fancier meal of great food in a great atmosphere. Also, if you’re looking for a Sunday brunch, Minerva’s is hands down the best. If you don’t leave so full you hate yourself, you’re doing it wrong.
4. Colonial House — Two words: caramel rolls. Not just any dry, tasteless rolls, either. These are the best in the Hills. And the rest of the food is equally as delicious. Most everything is homemade — or tastes that way — and the menu offers pretty anything you can imagine.
3. Delmonico Grill — Trendy and fancy, my husband and I tend to save this restaurant for special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries. It’s one of those rare restaurants that has a big-city feel without seeming pompous. The food is always great, and if you go, make sure to have the French onion soup.
2. Murphy’s Pub & Grill — This bar and grill recently reopened with a completely revamped interior with a lunch and dinner menu, as well as a full bar, that is hard to beat. The atmosphere alone is worth a trip, but the food is equally fantastic. Try the fried pickles. You can thank me later.
1. Tally’s Silver Spoon — I mentioned Tally’s in a previous post, but it’s worth another plug. This little café in downtown Rapid City serves an amazing breakfast spread until 2 p.m. They’re dinner menu can be fancy, but you can also get a solid burger there, too. As an added bonus, Tally’s really tries to use local food in their dishes. Also, I’ve no idea where they get their coffee, but it’s the best restaurant coffee I’ve ever had. And their ice cream’s incredible, too. Actually, pretty much everything’s awesome.
What about you? What’s your favorite spot in Rapid City to eat?